Vision and Mission
With an aim to bring awareness on the challenges of rare diseases and to witness outstanding progress in the analysis of rare disease and orphan drugs, we are pleased to launch a new official journal, The Journal of Rare Diseases Research & Treatment. The mission of the journal is to set new publishing standards in conveying the reader, a focused information on the theoretical, technical and clinical armamentarium of rare diseases. The journal publishes articles of broad interest with potential for high impact in understanding the mechanisms and treatment of rare diseases. We hope that our publications will not only serve the need for information on the 7000 rare diseases identified to date, but will also support the decision-making process in patient care.
The Mission of the journal is to:
- Upgrade awareness among scientists about latest breakthroughs and emerging opportunities in rare diseases clinical research and their implications for public policy, societal benefit, and continued scientific progress.
- Establish rapid peer review processes to accelerate the publication of excellent papers.
- Meet the vigorously increasing demand for essential medical information by disseminating significant advances and grand results of scientific works and discoveries to the broader global health community
- Create deep resources to guide the efforts of participating editors
- Assist in the dissemination of journal content to the developing world
- Significantly contribute to publishing high empirical research data for the comprehensive treatment of rare diseases to improve the health of people
- Aid scientists and global audience through prompt publication of rigorous peer-reviewed articles
The journal supports the open exchange of advanced scientific information among scientists and the public. The journal ensures that its access policies and practices for information dissemination are consistent with the sustainability of a system requiring careful scientific review prior to publication
The purpose of the journal is to present cutting-edge peer-reviewed information and create a measurable change in the field by encouraging research community:
- To apply the abundant expertise and research experience on rare diseases in providing improved diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of rare diseases and tackle difficult to diagnose diseases
- To creatively use all the tools of modern biology and technology to understand highly dynamic nature and cause of rare diseases in depth
- To create and apply innovative technology in advancing research for developing novel methods and strategies to enhance patient care, education, clinical research
- To make efficient use of the staggering amounts and diversity of information known about rare diseases
- To provide a forum for scientific discourse that will strive to be of great service for physicians, allied health professionals, patient advocates and researchers involved in developing orphan therapies